Telecel Super Voice bundles are a promotion are that Telecel are currently offering to their prepaid subscribers.
The promotion works as follows:
1. You have to be a registered prepaid subscriber
2. You need to have in your main balance account the respective amount for the bundle that you wish to subscribe to. You can not buy Telecel super voice bundles with airtime that you have got from Emergency Credit (*143#) or from your bonus airtime.
3. You dial *146# and choose the bundle you want to buy; $0.50 for 90 mins and $1 for 200 mins
4. You can also dial direct - *1460# for $0.50 bundle and *1461# for $1 bundle
5. The bundle minutes are for Telecel to Telecel calls only. You can not call Econet, NetOne, TelOne and/or Africom using these bundle minutes.
6. The bundle minutes are valid for 24 hours from time of purchase
7. The bundle minutes are on a "use it or lose it" basis - they do not carry forward if you don't use them (non-cumulative)
8. The order of usage when making a Telecel call when you have Super Voice bundles is: it deducts from your super voice bundle first (with a slight change as of Thursday 03 Oct: http://answers.techzim.co.zw/10014/why-is-my-telecel-super-voice-bundle-not-working),
then it deducts from your main balance and after that is finished it then deducts from your bonus airtime.
9. If you exhaust your bundles before the 24 hours, you WILL NOT be able to buy them again.
10. You need to have the respective amount in your main balance account when your 24 hour expiry is approaching so that it can deduct and renew your subscription
11. If you do not have airtime in your main account your subscription will expire and you will have to opt in again by dialing the above USSD codes, (check out this tip and trick of how you can beat the system: http://answers.techzim.co.zw/9960/top-airtime-saving-tip-7-of-10-telecel
12. You can not transfer super voice bundles to anyone
13. This is a promotion and has an expiry date, so it is best to enjoy it now. Check out our tips on how best to do this